Monday, November 24, 2014

Week 12- Peace in Bondage

With the pending Thanksgiving break this week, I have been very busy/overwhelmed with tests and homework. I have also (like the lunatic that I am) been trying to give the kids more of my time when I can and praying that I have the energy and the mind to study after my first priorities are taken care of. I can see our family heading toward better things and I have been gifted with ideas to implement with my home routine. Being in school while still trying to take care of my family and home is lonely sometimes. There is little time for anything but responsibilities. I follow a routine and sometimes feel like I am trapped. I think many people feel this way.

In Mosiah 19 we read about some of the post-Abinadi chaos. Gideon chases the cowardly King Noah. The Lamanites attack. Families try to flee. Men leave their families. The king and his priests escape. Some women (daughters) protect their families and plead with the Lamanites for mercy. The Lamanites spare Limhi and his people if they will pay half of what they have as tribute. They are in bondage. They are trapped, nevertheless (see what I did there?) "Limhi began... to establish peace among his people." (v.27).  They found peace with one another. They found peace even with Lamanites standing guard so that thee would not flee into the wilderness. And still the people of Limhi "did have continual peace" (v. 29).

Chaos can wreak havoc. Chaos can do plenty of damage if we are not establishing our selves and seeking that peace that can come. Back in Mosiah 16:9 we read of Christ, "He is the light and life of the world; yea, a light that is endless and can never be darkened." I personally find peace in Christ. I find peace in the words of the scriptures and in communication with the Spirit. "I testify we have a living Savior, Jesus Christ, and with His power and light we will be enabled to push back the darkness of the world..." I love the imagery of this quote from Sister Marriott. As we are filled with the power of our Savior we can overcome the chaos around us and find peace as we push back against the darkness of the world.

(This week in my Book of Mormon class we read Mosiah chapters 15-28.)

No comments:

Post a Comment